Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Crispy spinach chicken

Helllllo everyone!!!
I have missed posting recipes so much, as usual was kind of little busy. My darling hubby, irfaan, loves crispy spinach chicken available at a nearby restaurant. He was so crazy about it that he could practically have it every alternate day. Phew..so, searching for the recipe was a big task for me, i wanted to make it perrfect for him. Ultimately, the recipe, which i tried is below. It was as he loves it. I couldnt be more happy. The dish comprises of chicken and spinach made seperately, but served together. So, here it is...

Crispy spinach chicken

Ingredients:

For the chicken

500 gms chicken cut into cubes
Cornflour 1/2 a cup
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tbsp schezwan sauce
1 egg white
Oil for frying

For the spinach:

Spinach cut into shreds
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt 2 pinches
Red chilli powder a pinch

Method:

1) Mix all the ingredients of the chicken together.
2) heat the oil and fry the chicken pieces in three batches.
3) keep it aside on an absorbent paper.
4) fry the spinach a handful at a time till bright green.
5) put it in a strainer and sprinkle the salt, sugar and red chilli powder on it, toss it roughly.

Serve it with schezwan sauce and enjoy.



9 comments:

  1. Wow sabaa dis is such a simple n nice recipe...looks yummy..wil try it out..rushda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madam did u use food color.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I made this yesterday and it turned out to be just amazing. my hubby loved it too and so did my in laws.. I am so glad I came across your blog.. thank you for sharing with us your beautiful recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear ms.sabaa Irfan, thank you for your blog sharing some amazing recipes. The pictures are amazing. I had tried spinach chicken as it is my wife's favourite from Chinese village. I followed exactly the same way you described. However, when I fried the chicken after marination it turned to be white. Then I had to do basting with chez wan sauce. It turned to be good. I knw it is not the you hav done. Can you elaborate a little on where did I go wrong..rgds. Kumar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks kumar..the mistake was mine, i forgot to mention that i put red food colour in the marinade..thanks again for trying the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, I saw it on a program and thought it looked good. I love spinach and I also love it with chicken. I was looking for a recipe and came across your blog. I hope to try the recipe you posted soon.

    ReplyDelete